Spring Break is just around the corner and now is the time to begin planning your fun family time together. It’s also the ideal time to work toward checking off some items on the Spring bucket list. There’s lots to do in and around the Sacramento area – each unique and sure to please every member of your family. Let’s explore the top five Spring Break bucket list items you can enjoy with your family as you make memories together around Sacramento.
1. Jump into Spring Break at Sky High Sports
If you haven’t been to Sky High Sports yet, Spring Break is the perfect time to gather up the family and head over for a day jumping good fun! Sky High Sports is the place you and your family can enjoy the Arcade and more. Challenge your kids to a slam dunk contest in Sky High Hoops or enjoy a friendly family game of Sky High Dodgeball. If that’s not enough practice your flips and jumps on the Freestyle Court or have a race to the top of the Klime Wallz. Plus, if you plan a visit on St. Patrick’s Day, wearing your green, you’ll get a FREE $5 Game Card!
2. Try Something Completely Different
If you’re looking for something out of the ordinary to check off your bucket list, Sacramento has what you are looking for:
- Cheese-loving kids of all ages will delight in the Sacramento Grilled Cheese Festival at Southside Park, where everyone can try the delectable cheesy concoctions while enjoying live music, entertainment, and a bunch of kid-friendly activities.
- The Sacramento River Train brings the Easter Egg Junction for Spring Break this year, complete with a train ride, an Easter egg hunt, and loads of family friendly fun.
- Created by kids for kids the Kids Expo California promises entertainment for kids and their families including entertainment, special appearances, shopping, and more.
3. Enjoy the Great Outdoors
Spring brings warmer weather to Sacramento, which beckons families to get outside and enjoy new adventures. Whether your family is made up of seasoned outdoor lovers or this is your first outdoor adventure in the area, there is plenty to explore hiking nearby trails. The Oaks Nature Trail, Howard Ranch Trail, and Rancho Seco Recreational Park are great places for beginners to explore everything from creeks to wildlife to wildflowers. Folsom State Recreation Area promises a variety of trails for hikers of every level.
4. Get into Sports
If your family is into sports, Spring Break is a great time to hone your skills. The Sacramento River Cats are offering lots of fun events at Raley Field during Spring Break, including a pre-game Easter Egg Hunt. If your family is into running, there are several fun runs perfect for all ages including the Sacramento Doggy Dash (for your human and furry family members to benefit the Sacramento SPCA) and the Lodi Lake Park Easter Run which includes breakfast and a fun raffle.
5. Have Fun with the Animals
Have some animal lovers in your family? Here are some incredible activities they’ll love. Safari West, near Santa Rosa, boasts wild animals galore in a setting which mimics the Serengeti, plus its annual Hunt for the Hare Family Celebration. The Sacramento Dog Show is another family-friendly event which promises to please the dog lovers in your crew.